|Real Job Openings web page |
There is now a video of a home visit, but please read the
following before or after viewing the video.
1. Always introduce yourselves as Society of St. Vincent de Paul. Or
if you want to protect the person's privacy if a neighbor may overhear the
introduction, you might say "we made an appointment with you to come visit
2. NEVER provide our LAST name, we only use our FIRST names. If
using name badges, only use FIRST name and perhaps the first initial of
your last name.
3. Never take liberties in someone else's home. We are VISITORS in
the person's home. Upon entering the home, if there are distractions
which may affect the visit, ask if there is a quieter place to talk. If
TV/stereo is loud, always ask the person if volume could be turned down or
if distraction could be turned off.
4. Always ask if there is another place to talk if there are children
present and the person appears inhibited about talking about the family's
struggles in front of the children.
5. Always visit in pairs. The home visit team must consist of at
least one male if visiting a male and at last one female if visiting a
Home Visit Video